Law Caddy Limited Scope Representation Agreement
Limited Scope Representation Agreement
As part of its Services, Law Caddy has made arrangements with independent immigration attorneys to perform a limited review of immigration documents before they are delivered to Law Caddy customers. These attorneys are independent practitioners. They will exercise their independent judgment as attorneys, without influence or control by Law Caddy.
A portion of your payment goes to the independent attorneys who review your application.
By agreeing to have an attorney review your immigration application, you and the Attorney enter into a limited attorney-client relationship. The Attorney agrees to conduct a basic review of the immigration application that you complete using the Law Caddy website or provide directly to the Attorney. The Attorney agrees to provide the following services following your payment of the Attorney Fee through the Law Caddy website:
- Reviewing the forms you have completed for errors, omissions and consistency, and reviewing the supporting documents for completeness and consistency with the forms prior to filing.
- Answering questions about the forms and supporting documents that you have submitted for the Attorney’s review.
Upon the Attorney’s receipt of all or any portion of the flat fee, the funds are the property of the Attorney and will not be placed in a trust account. The fact that you have paid your fee in advance does not affect your right to terminate the attorney-client relationship. In the event that your relationship with the Attorney is terminated before the agreed upon legal services above have been completed, you may or may not have a right to a refund of a portion of the fee. In addition to the flat fee, the Attorney may also be compensated an additional amount by Law Caddy to ensure sufficient attorney time and resources will be available to serve Law Caddy’s customers. You are not responsible for, and will not be charged, any such additional amount paid by Law Caddy to the Attorney. Law Caddy will not interfere with the Attorney’s independence of professional judgment or with the attorney-client relationship.
The Attorney will act in your best interest and give you competent assistance. However, the Attorney’s representation of you is limited to this basic review of documents described above, and no more. The Attorney will not perform any additional legal work for you, such as filing your documents or representing you in any proceeding before any court or government agency, including United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).
You specifically agree that:
- The Attorney is relying entirely on the facts, information and documents you provide. The Attorney will not make any independent investigation of your facts or information, or the authenticity of any documents you provide. It is therefore extremely important that you are completely truthful as to any information you provide.
- The Attorney is not promising you a favorable result.
- The Attorney is not required to help you with any other part of your immigration needs or any other legal questions or problems you may have.
- The Attorney’s representation of you ends when Law Caddy delivers your reviewed documents to you or when the Attorney advises against filing the immigration documents you selected.
I have read this Limited Scope Representation Agreement and understand it. By clicking on the “I agree” box, I indicate my consent to the terms of this agreement, that the legal services described above are the only legal services to be provided by the Attorney, and that the Attorney is not required to assist or represent me in any further or other legal matters. I understand that the fee described on the Law Caddy website is my payment for the services of the Attorney (“Attorney Fee”). I agree to pay the Attorney Fee to the Attorney, and agree that the amount of the Attorney Fee may be taken from the purchase price I paid for the Services. I understand and agree that the Attorney may receive additional compensation from Law Caddy beyond the Attorney Fee, but that I am not responsible to pay any such additional compensation.