AI Assisted Document Creation for Modern Legal Needs

Adjustment of Status

Adjustment of Status

“Adjustment of Status” is the process to apply for lawful permanent resident status (Green Card) when you are already living in the United States. You may get a Green Card without having to return to your home country to complete visa processing.  The process will differ slightly based on the type of petition (family based, employment based, humanitarian, etc.), country of origin, current Visa Type, and other timely considerations. LAWCADDY charges a flat rate of $1199, to help you complete your entire green card application, including all required forms and supporting documents, independent attorney review, and support from the moment your application is filed until you receive your green card.

If you are outside of the United States, you must obtain your visa abroad through consular processing.

The LAWCADDY Adjustment of Status package includes:

  • Simple questionnaires for Sponsor/Petitioner and Applicant/Beneficiary to collect the information for the appropriate USCIS forms.
  • Forms completed and reviewed by a licensed Attorney.
  • Up to 3 virtual consultations regarding your form completion, application status, and interview preparation.

Not Included:

  • US Government fees, including but not limited to Petition Filing Fee, Biometrics Fee, and Application Filing Fee. *approx. $1800.

Original price was: $1,199.00.Current price is: $999.00.


*Government Fees are NOT Included in LAWCADDY Price

Adjustment of Status

The Green Card Application Process

Once you have confirmed that you are indeed eligible to apply for a Green card through the Adjustment of Status process, LAWCADDY will provide the Sponsoring Citizen and Applying Immigrant Visa Holder with simple questionnaires to collect the information and documents needed to complete the government forms for your petition and application.
  1. Confirm Eligibility.
  2. Complete LAWCADDY Questionnaires for Petitioner and Applicant.
  3. Review the completed Petition, including any suggestions from LAWCADDY Attorneys.
  4. File Petition and pay the filing fee.
    —- Wait for USCIS to grant your petition —-
  5. Depending on your Green Card Category you may have to wait for Green Cards to become available. There’s no wait for the immediate family members of U.S. citizens.
  6. Once a visa becomes available, file the Application and pay the filing fee.
  7. USCIS will assign you a biometrics appointment time to take your fingerprints and eye scan. *There is a Fee for Biometrics.
  8. In some cases USCIS may request additional evidence to support your application or require an in-person interview, and sometimes even a follow-up interview.
  9. Finally, you will receive notice in the mail either granting or denying your Application. Your actual Green Card will arrive separately by mail.

Frequently Asked Questions

How long does and Adjustment of Status take?

1-3 Years. Adjusting your status isn’t a quick process, and your actual timeline will depend on where you file the application, the type of petition, the type of Green Card you are eligible to apply for, and other factors. The USCIS has current timeline projections for each form on their website and you can check the status of your application online during the process.

Can I work while I am waiting?

You need to apply for a work permit to work legally in the United States while your AOS application is pending. Talk to our Attorney On-Call about getting a work permit.

Can I travel while my Application is pending?

If you leave the United States while your application is in process, USCIS will assume you have abandoned your pursuit of a Green Card and you will have to start the process again. You can apply for “Advanced Parole,” which would allow you to travel freely while your application is pending. Talk to our Attorney On-Call about Advanced Parole.

What is the 90 Day Rule for Adjustment of Status?

If you entered the United States legally on a temporary visa, like a Tourist or Student Visa, but apply for Adjustment of Status within 90 days, USCIS officers can assume that you intended to immigrate permanently when you got the temporary visa in the first place. They will almost always reject your Green Card application and may revoke your current visa as well. You can provide proof that you didn’t intend to immigrate when you applied for the temporary visa, but it is difficult to do. It is best to wait for at least 90 days before you attempt to adjust your status. Talk to our Attorney On-Call about your specific situation and how the 90 day rule might be applied to deny your Green Card application.

If the Adjustment of Status isn't right for your situation,

Check out our other immigration options, or speak to an On-Call Attorney to find the best route for you.

Get Started Now

The LawCaddy Team is here to help you every step of the way.

Original price was: $1,199.00.Current price is: $999.00.

*Government Fees are NOT Included in LAWCADDY Price

Ask an Expert

Book a meeting with our On-Call Attorney to make sure you choose immigration option that is right for you.